Mr. Garnreiter and Ms. Woo, Conductors
Mondays 9:30 - 9:55am
Tuesdays/Thursdays 8:19 - 10:01am
The JAMS Symphony Orchestra offers instruction in intermediate ensemble techniques as well as individual musicianship skills. This ensemble performs as a string orchestra and the students will become familiar with standard string orchestra literature. It is recommended that the student provides his/her own instrument. Performances include the Fall and Spring Concerts as well as the 5th Grade Tour, the annual presentation for new incoming JAMS students. Weekly coaching sessions are provided for all sections of the Symphony Orchestra to supplement the rehearsal instruction.
- At least one year previous string experience (or discretion of director).
- Proficiency of the following major scales: C, G, D, A, F, B-flat, E-flat
- A 3-minute solo demonstrating technique and musicianship
- Sight-reading will be provided
- Private lessons recommended
- Grade level: 6 - 8